CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 29 November 2011

The 5 Wonderful Precepts (PART 1)

First of all,
I am a Buddhist.
I am proud to be a Buddhist.
then as a Buddhist,
I am committed to follow the Buddhist precepts..
THE 5 PRECEPTS
Usually people ask about the 5 precepts that a Buddhist keep:
There are non other than:
1. Learn not to kill
2. Learn not to steal
3. Learn not to commit sexual misconducts
4. Learn not to tell lies
5. Learn not to take intoxicants

Tonight, after I attended a Buddhist talk
I learn about these 5 precepts in another new level~
The new level of the precepts are explained as below:

FIRST PRECEPT
Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of lives, I vow to cultivate compassion and learn ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to condone any act of killing in the world, in my thinking, and in my way of life.

SECOND PRECEPT
Aware of the suffering caused by exploitation, social injustice, stealing, and oppression, I vow to cultivate loving kindness and learn ways to work for the well-being of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I vow to practice generosity by sharing my time, energy, and material resources with those who are in real need. I am determined not to steal and not to possess anything that should belong to others. I will respect the property of others, but I will prevent others from profiting from human suffering or the suffering of other species on Earth.

by Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh

(PART 2 TO BE CONTINUED)...

0 comments: